It is very hard to pick up another language but we can get pass that difficulty by making the learning process a little bit more fun. Specially when they are about to take the PSLE test soon.
Here’s some study hacks that you can use to help out your little star move up to their Secondary 1 schooling
– First step is to find previous test from past years. The Chinese test for Writing, Language Use and Comprehension, and finally Oral Communication and Listening Comprehension from last year are here; Past Tests
– Once the student has studied the syllabus for the exams, it is time to learn some techniques for tackling the exam papers and Chinese exam questions. These are slightly more specific and advanced techniques that should help with different parts of the exam.
– As the exam date approaches, make sure your child is focusing on the areas that will really make a difference. The more targeted the practice is, the more impact it will give. Because it is difficult to learn more skills. The old exam papers have sets on them that helps out in the sorting.
-Your child’s language skills are as good as they will be on the exam in the weeks leading up to the exam day. So, it will be best not to force your child to memorize. Instead, let them do task books based off of the PSLE test and have them timed so they can practise for real exam time.
– The exam is scary for your child so it would be best not to scare your child whenever they fail the practice tests. As a parent, you should watch out for what parts they are good at and what parts are they bad at. It will be different for every child, so its best to keep an eye and help them out through every step of the journey
– Rest is very essential when studying hard. You can use the Pomodoro Technique for calculating rest times. (25 minutes of work, and then take a break. Helps your child think that the exams are not that scary)
The purpose of PSLE is to see whether your child is ready for the next level of their life. They would be if you were beside them through every step of the process. They need your help in studying and also in making the test less scary.
Le Xue Education can also help your child make the best out of PSLE. All you have to do is contact us and we’ll give you a free trial session! For more tips like these, you can click here and see what other learning resources can help you with your child.
Copyright © 2021 Lexue Education. All Rights Reserved.